Creek Rise, Dubai

Project name: Creek Rise

Programme: Residential twin-towers

Area (GFA): 68000 sqm

Position: Senior Project Manager for Emaar

Developer: Emaar

Project description:
The development located at Dubai Creek Harbour comprises two high-end residential towers (42 and 33 floors high) with duplex-penthouses in the upper levels and townhouses at podium and Ground Floor levels. The 543 residential units are complemented by luxury amenities including gym, roof gardens with swimming-pools, children’s play area, ground floor retail units and F&B areas. The towers share a common podium with two-basement levels of parking which extends along the full plot area. The project design maximizes views of Downtown Dubai Skyline and the Dubai Festival City.

Key stakeholders: Emaar Properties internal departments, DAR Consultants, Al Faraa General Contracting Company, Shapporji Pallonji Contracting Company, end-users and local Authorities

Main responsibilities: Leading the project team on site, liaising with key stakeholders, ensuring timely procurement of all packages under the Developer’s scope of works, finalizing all Developers’ decisions, reporting to higher management, managing project budget and coordinating with Developer’s internal departments (Interior Design, Public Realm, Procurement, Health Safety & Environment, Project Quality Assurance, Community Management, Facility Management, Cost Management, Finance and Legal).

Major achievements: The biggest challenge faced in this project was the financial default from the Main Contractor which forced the Developer to retender the project at 70% completion of works. A new Main Contractor was appointed to complete the remaining 30% of the works, which included all trades (from structure to facade, lifts and all finishes). Major commercial negotiations were required between all major Subcontractors, the Developer and both old and new Main Contractor, to continue running the site minimizing the delays and the financial impact for the Developer.
This fact combined with works ongoing during Covid-19 pandemic and global recession led to many HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) as well as financial achievements.
In parallel to the above the project delivery strategy included several provisional sums to be managed by the Developer as well as several free-issue items to be procured by the Developer. The timely coordination of these packages was another key element to ensure the success of the project.

Project status: Construction completion expected June 2021.